1. I started blogging in the summer of 2007 when I decided I wanted to, well, get pregnant. And I, oddly, wanted to document that process and what followed in great detail.
2. At this point, it’s such a part of me that I don’t know how not to tell stories on my blog. In the beginning, though, it was to get these crazy thoughts out of my head because I knew I was changing, that my viewpoint was shifting. I wanted to look back on that process.
3. The glamorous answer- I tend to my lovely 3 children while balancing blogging and a freelance writing & photography/consulting career. On my free time I run and craft, and watch House of Cards with my hot husband.
The realistic answer- I manage to keep 3 kids alive while blogging in my baby-snot-crusted pajamas. Somedays I do manage to brush my teeth. I answer a lot of emails in order of those I think might make my life easier quickest. I run because, in combination with my anxiety meds, it makes me feel less crazy. My hot husband and I do watch House of Cards together on our free time, which is to say we will probably get done with season 2 in 3 years.
4. If I had a million dollars… I think I’d remind myself that that’s not a lot of dollars. Relatively, you know? So I’d like to think I’d be a grown up and do things like invest it and pay off debt and NOT take off on a round-the-world field trip with the whole family for as long as we could afford it. But I can’t be certain.
5. I think this is where I would tell you about the cystical (a testicle cyst) I developed in my last pregnancy, except I already told the world that secret. Or maybe I’d tell you about how I eat rocks and sand when I’m pregnant? Except, no. Because that’s not a secret either. Uhmmm….. okay, I don’t like water parks. There. I said it.
6. I want people to know that I have no idea what I’m doing. I have nothing figured out. I’m not an expert at anything. That feels very good to get out there.